I'm living in Kusatsu-shi, Shiga-ken for an undetermined amount of time and teaching English as a second language at a local high school. This journal is to document my experiences, thoughts, and to stay connected with others at home and abroad.

Sunday, April 05, 2009

North Korean Missile Crisis

11:34 am, I'm sitting at my computer when the WWII-era loud speakers in my neighborhood ring and announce that a rocket has just taken off from North Korea.
"We at the Ritto City Hall wish to inform all citizens that a rocket has been launched from North Korea. We advise everyone to please turn on their radios or televisions to follow developments on the event. Repeat..."

A few minutes later on the news it was reported that the rocket/satellite boosters splashed, one in the Sea of Japan and one in the Pacific.

Makes me wonder, if I were about to get hit with a missile from North Korea, would I want the bomb sirens to be the last thing I hear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home