I'm living in Kusatsu-shi, Shiga-ken for an undetermined amount of time and teaching English as a second language at a local high school. This journal is to document my experiences, thoughts, and to stay connected with others at home and abroad.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

They have environmental Podcasts! (as usual I'm late on the bandwagon)

It took me about 3 years to get Facebook and Myspace while everyone was raving and saying is was the best thing since Ben Franklin and his loony "library" idea.
So not that this is a surprise to anyone, certainly isn't to me, but I belatedly discovered Podcasts. Since I spend so much time on my bike, pedaling for my health and what's left of everyone's clean air, Podcasts are a great way to keep up on news, history, culture, and the environment! And since most people already know this, I'll leave it at that and just share my instant-favorite Podcasts:

NPR: Environment Podcast
TIME's GreenCast
Nature Podcast
Earth and Environmental Systems Podcast
President Obama's Weekly Address
TERRA: The Nature of Our World
green.TV (climate change & technologies)
Earth and Environmental Systems Podcast

There's no end to the wealth of information available to suit one's hobby on the interet these days, but I strongly encourage people to check these out. Why? Because the people one most of these are dedicated to ameliorate the current environmental decline (and in doing so creating the opportunity to reverse the financial decline as well).

This morning I tuned into to an interview with T. Boone Pickens––oil mogul and billionaire turned staunch environmentalist––on TIME's GreenCast. He has earnest plans and objectives for how to get the US back to the top of the international market by creating a self-sustaining future in renewable energy sources. Definitely worth the 8:38 of your time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home