I'm living in Kusatsu-shi, Shiga-ken for an undetermined amount of time and teaching English as a second language at a local high school. This journal is to document my experiences, thoughts, and to stay connected with others at home and abroad.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Inspiration

So I was watching the Daniel Johnston biography "The Devil and Daniel Johnston"
the other day, and it got me back into the music promulgation mode. In case you haven't noticed yet, I've recently created another blog/webpage devoted entirely to my music lyrics. It's on the side bar, so check it out if you want a peek at all the crazy stuff that goes on inside my head but I don't say--I sing it instead!

On another note the band Vampire Weekend has recently come to my attention--spectacular! It's easy when living in a world of so much commercially-driven, corporate exec-approved and honored unartistic crap to become disenchanted and believe that "music is dead". Vampire Weekend's mix of classical and modern styles gives me a reason to continue believing that there are creative sounds waiting to be heard.
Please check 'em out. I'm only saying this because I believe them to believe deserving of your attention. Every song I've listened to on their MySpace has become an instant favorite.
http://www.vampireweekend.com/
http://www.myspace.com/vampireweekend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home