I'm living in Kusatsu-shi, Shiga-ken for an undetermined amount of time and teaching English as a second language at a local high school. This journal is to document my experiences, thoughts, and to stay connected with others at home and abroad.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

A cappella: amazing video

I ran across this pretty amazing a cappella group on You Tube just a little while ago:








MIT Resonance performing The Killers' Mr. Brightside.
I haven't listened to much vocal work since college, but watching this video reawakened that nostalgic valve. The rest of their music can be found on the Resonance website, but I'm not so impressed by their recordings, a little too much production, not as much natural sound as I prefer in my a cappella music. Still pretty good work though.


Also, I couldn't resist adding my favorite (my father's as well) vocal artist. Bobby McFerrin has the most dexterous larynx in the world. Here's a You Tube video of his Blackbird live performance.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home